1992 Cricket World Cup: History and facts
Host nation of 1992 Cricket World Cup:
- 1992 Cricket World Cup (5th world cup event) was hosted by New Zealand and Australia.
Winner of 1992 Cricket World Cup
- Pakistan won the 1992 World Cup where they defeated England by 22 runs in the final match
Maximum score in 1992 Cricket World Cup tournament
- Sri Lanka scored the highest total ( 313 runs) in the 1992 World Cup tournament.
Highest score in an innings by a player in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- Rameez Raja scored the highest score of 119 runs in 1992 World Cup against New Zealand.
Maximum fours in Cricket World Cup 1992
- Rameez Raja hit the maximum fours (16)
Maximum centuries by a player in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- DC Boon, an Australian batsman scored two centuries with 2 sixes and 34 fours
- Rameez Raja, a Pakistani batsman also scored two centuries in 1992 World Cup
Maximum fifties by a player in 1992 Cricket World cup
- A Pakistani batsman, Javed Miandad scored the maximum of 5 fifties in 1992 World Cup
Most ducks by any player in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- K Srikkant, an Indian batsman ended by with highest number of ducks in 1992 World Cup
Most wickets by a player in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- Wasim Akram took most number of wickets in 1992 World Cup, total of 18 wickets in 89.4 overs.
Maximum catches by a player in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- South African cricket player KC Wessel took the maximum number of catches (7) in 9 innings.
Highest partnership in Cricket World Cup 1992
- 175 runs was the highest partnership in 1992 World Cup scored by DL Hayness and BC Lara of West Indies cricket team
Highest dismissals in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- DJ Richardson made 15 dismissals in which 1 was stump while 14 were catches
Largest victory of the 1992 Cricket World cup
- Australian cricket team won with a good margin on 128 runs against Zimbabwe. The target was 266 runs.
Final match umpires of 1992 Cricket World Cup
- Steve Bucknor and Brian Aldridge
Man of the series in 1992 Cricket World Cup
- Martin Crowe
- Colored clothing, white balls and flood lights were used for the first time in 1992 World Cup
- South Africa national cricket team was included for the first time in a World Cup
- New Zealand captain Martin Crowe opened the bowling innings by using a spinner, Deepak Patel.