- Suresh Raina is a left-hand batsman of Indian cricket team. Raina is pretty good in hitting into unusual areas like midwicket and extra cover.
- Suresh Raina made his ODI debut in Indian national cricket team on July 30, 2005 against Sri Lanka. Raina has played 203 ODI matches, scoring 5051 runs at an average of 35.82 at a strike rate of 93.22. He has scored 16 fifties and 3 centuries so far in ODI. Highest score of Suresh Raina is 116. He has scored 32 fifties and 4 hundreds in ODI games.
- Suresh Raina made his test debut against Sri Lankan cricket team on July 26, 2010. So far, Rain has played 17 test matches, scoring 768 runs with 120 being his highest score. His batting average in test cricket is 28.44 with a strike rate of 53.29. Raina has scored seven fifties and one century in test cricket format.
- Since year 2008, Suresh Raina averages 38.98 with a strike rate of 96.38 in 75 ODIs.
- The batting average of Raina in chase is 43 whereas batting first, Raina averages at 29.68.
Highlights of player records:
- He is the second youngest captain of Indian cricket team.
- He is the only Indian cricket player who has centuries in all three formats of cricket including test, ODI and T20.
- Raina scored a century on his test debut.
- Suresh Raina also holds the record for playing most ODIs before making a debut.
- Raina is a third batsman in the world for scoring a century in T20.
- He is the 12th Indian player to play 200 ODIs
- Raina is the 11th Indian player to score more than 5000 runs.
- As for his records in IPL, he has taken most number of catches 52.
- Also he is the second world and first Indian cricket player to hit 100 sixes in IPL.
With such impressive records and performances, Suresh Raina is definitely a great asset for Indian cricket team. He is an absolutely brilliant fielder and is usually in his top notch form.
- Ian Botham joined the English cricket team in 1976 and made his debut against West Indies on the 26th of August of the same year.
- Botham was a fine all rounder with superb batting and bowling skills and had never given a below average performance in any match he played.
- Ian Botham’s ODI career consisted of 116 matches and he scored 2113 runs in all, which contain 9 half centuries. His skills with the ball were fairly above average which is pretty evident by his wickets (145) with 4/31 being his best figures. In test cricket, he took 383 wickets in 102 test cricket matches.
- Ian Bothm had been the test captain for England cricket team for quite a long period.
- Sir Ian Botham was an excellent all rounder for English team and scored 5200 runs in test cricket including 14 centuries and 22 fifties.
- Botham played for his team in 3 ICC cricket world cups and is said to have taken many match winning wickets. Not that the English side ever won the world trophy but during the league matches, his performance never fell down, especially with the ball.
- Botham was not a very reliable batsman however his fast bowling was always there to help his team take wickets.
- Ian Botham was given the title of “Sir” and he still is the highest test wicket taker (383) for them. Ian Botham is still involved with Sports channels like ESPN due to his commentary skills and he also gives a detailed pitch analysis before the game play as an expert.
- He is regarded as the best all rounder of English cricket side and is the leading wicket taker of England.
Highlights of player profile:
- Ian Bothom holds the record in test for being the fastest to achieve doubles of 1000 runs, 100 wickets, 2000 runs, 200 wickets, 3000 runs and 300 wickets.
- He also held a brief record for being the leading wicket taker in test cricket.
- Both scored a century along with taking 5 wickets in an innings and achieved this feat at 5 separate occasions.
- Botham is the first player to score a hundred and take 10 wickets in a test match.