Cricket records: Pakistan vs India (Test-ODI-T20)
After the separation of India and Pakistan in 1947, the first test match played by the Pakistan cricket team against India in Delhi was from 16-18 October 1952 and this series was won by the Indian cricket team. After that, 10 more test matches were played which were drawn. Until now 59 test matches have been played between these two cricket teams out of which 12 were claimed by Pakistan cricket team and 9 by Indian cricket team and 32 matches were drawn and no match was abandoned.
Test cricket records: Pakistan cricket team versus Indian cricket team
- The Pakistan cricket team has a record of the highest inning score of 699 runs for a loss of 5 wickets in Qadafi stadium Lahore against the Indian cricket team in 1989.
- The Indian cricket team has a record of the lowest inning score against Pakistan with a score of 106 all out in Luckhnow in 1952.
- Imran Khan of the Pakistan cricket team has a record for the highest total series wickets with 98 wickets against the Indian cricket team.
- Imran Khan of the Pakistan cricket team also has a record for the best bowling figures in an inning with 8 wickets of just 60 runs in 1982 in Karachi.
- Virender Sehwag of the Indian cricket team has a record for the highest individual score of 309 in 2004.
The rivalry between Pakistan and India started in 1947 after the separation of the two countries and this also affected the history of cricket matches between both the cricket teams of India and Pakistan. The first one day international match between India and Pakistan was played in 1978 in Quetta which the Pakistan cricket team won by 4 wickets. Until now, 124 Odi’s have been played between Pakistan and India cricket teams out of which 46 matches were won by the Indian cricket team and 69 were won by the Pakistani cricket team; 9 matches showed no results and 5 matches were abandoned.
ODI cricket records: Pakistan cricket team versus Indian cricket team
- In 1997, Saeed Anwar, a famous Pakistani cricket player, struck 194 runs against India in Chennai.
- In the final of wills trophy, Sharjah Aqib Javeed had a hat rick against India with the best bowling statistics of 7 wickets for 37 runs in 10 overs.
- In April 2005, Shahid Afridi, a superb player of the Pakistan cricket team, made 100 of 45 balls against India.
- The Pakistan cricket team has a record for the highest total of 322 runs against the Indian cricket team in 2007.
- The Pakistan cricket team has a record of the biggest victory margin of 152 runs against India in Delhi in 2005.
After the introduction of one day international matches, 20 over matches were also introduced with a name of T20. Four T20 matches had been played between the Pakistan cricket team and the Indian cricket team and out of these 4 matches, 1 match was won by Pakistan, 2 matches were won by India, and 1 match was a drawn. The drawn match decision was made on “bowl-out” criteria as a result of which India won that “ball-out” by 3-0. Along with this tough competition there were some interesting records made by these two teams as shown below
T20 cricket records: Pakistan cricket team versus Indian cricket team
- Gautam Gambhir of the Indian cricket team has a record of the highest score of 75 against Pakistan in a T20 match.
- The first T20 match between these two teams was a draw and a “ball-out” decision was carried out as a result of which India won that “ball-out” decision.
- The Indian cricket team also has a record of wining the twenty twenty match against Pakistan with the highest wickets of 9 on hand.
- Misbah-ul-haq of the Pakistan cricket team has a record of the highest average rate of 38 in T20 matches.