Cricket World cup records: Australia cricket team vs Canadian cricket team
- Before the cricket world cup 2011, only one match has been played between Australian cricket team and Canadian cricket team when you look at the history of ICC cricket world cup.
- Australian cricket team and Canada played their first and only match in the 1979 Cricket World Cup and Australian cricket team being one of the best teams received a plain victory over Canadian cricket team by 7 wickets. Canada didn’t make it to the knock out stage.
- In 2003 Cricket World Cup, Canada and Australian cricket team were in different pools. No match was played since Canada failed to succeed to the next round.
- In 2007 Cricket World Cup, Canadian cricket team did participate but because of the different grouping, Australian cricket team and Canadian cricket team didn’t encounter each other on the cricket field either. Canada is one of the weak teams in the ICC and has very less experience of one day cricket.
- Although there is no denial to the fact that the Canadian cricket team is there in existence since 1979 Cricket World Cup but they have had very less exposure to one day cricket hence the poor performance.
- Now as Australia’s current form is observed it is clearly the best team of the pool and is capable of giving a tough time to any team it plays against, hence it is most likely to win against the Canadian cricket team, but you never know what happens.
In 2011 cricket world cup. Canada and Australia played against each other. Australia won the match easily. Canada cricket team batted first. Canada scored 211 batting first. It was not a difficult target for Australia to chase. They scored the same at the loss of 3 wickets. Australia achieved the target in 34.5 overs only. The difference between the two teams was huge, and it was evident in the result of this match too.