Cricket World Cup records: Australia vs Zimbabwe cricket teams
- The two teams have encountered in 8 matches of ICC Cricket World Cup. Australia has won 7 while Zimbabwe managed to win one match as minnows in 1983 Cricket World Cup held in England.
- In all the matches except in which Zimbabwe won, Australian cricket team has dominated Zimbabwe in all three departments of Cricket.
- Super Six match of 1999 cricket World Cup is one of the best match between the two countries as high scores were made by both countries including centuries by players of both teams.
- Mark Waugh of Australia and Neil Johnson of Zimbabwe scored centuries in the Super Six match of 1999 cricket World Cup.
- Zimbabwe has been bowled out four times by Australian cricket team in World Cup matches.
- Australia along with Pakistan was the only team of Common Wealth countries to play in Zimbabwe in the 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup. England had refused to play in Zimbabwe.
- One of the most rare occasions were recorded when 3 pairs of brothers i.e. Flowers, Strangs and Waughs appeared in a match between Australia and Zimbabwe in the 1996 Cricket World Cup.
- The teams did not play each other in the World Cups of 1975 and 2007.
Australian cricket team won its first match of 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup against Zimbabwe by 91 runs. Australian cricket team will play its second match in 2011 Cricket World Cup against New Zealand cricket team on February 25, 2011.
Although Australian team was not at its best in 2011 cricket world cup, Zimbabwe was no match for Australia in this world cup. Australia lost to Pakistan after an unbeaten run of 34 matches in the world cup. Other than that match, they lost only the knock out match which sent them packing. Australian cricket team qualified for the semi final where they were defeated by the Indian Cricket team. India eventually won the world cup by defeating Sri lanka in the final.