Cricket World Cup records: England vs Netherlands cricket teams
- The teams have played two ODIs against each other. England cricket team has been successful in both of the matches.
- The two teams have only encountered in world cup matches.
- The two teams first played against each other at Peshawar in the 1996 Wills Cricket World Cup.
- In the 1996 Group –B match, England playing first they scored 279 runs. Graeme Hick and Graham Thorpe played superb innings of 104* and 81 respectively. In reply, Netherlands cricket team played well but remained shy 49 runs at the end 50 overs.
- In 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup, England again played a group match against Netherlands cricket team in East London. This time, England restricted Netherlands to 149 runs.
- English bowler James Anderson took four wickets for 25 runs. Craig White and Ian Blackwell took two wickets apiece.
- English batsmen Nick Knight and Michael Vaughn scored half-centuries. Both scored exact 51 runs. England cricket team easily won that match by 6 wickets.
- The Dutch team was unable to qualify for world cups till 1996. Till now, the Dutch team has featured in world cups of 1996, 2003 and 2007.
In 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup, England defeated Netherlands by 6 wickets. However the match went pretty close which clearly made Netherlands team definitely a strong opponent. England will play its next match against Indian cricket team on February 27, 2011.
Netherlands cricket team has always been aggressive in cricket. They are the minnows of cricket, but they are never easy to defeat. England however has ample experience and a bright history in cricket. England beat Netherlands in a close contest in World cup cricket 2011. Despite the loss, it was for every one to see that Netherlands is all set to challenge the stronger teams in the cricket world. In world cup cricket history, Netherlands is yet to best any test playing cricket team. However, the improvement shown by Netherlands cricket team cannot be denied.