Cricket World Cup records: Sri Lanka vs Canada cricket teams
- The two teams have only met once in an ODI and that too in world cup match.
- The two teams met in 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup held in South Africa.
- Canadian cricket team while playing first scored the lowest ever score 38 runs in a One-Day International. Previously, the record was held by Zimbabwe who made 38 runs against Sri Lankan cricket team.
- Chaminda Vaas took 3/15 while Prabath Nissanka took career best figures of 4/12.
- Sri Lanka won that match by 9 wickets in 18 minutes time.
- After 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup, Canada’s performance has improved a lot and has given tough time to strong opposition like Pakistan cricket team.
- Kenya- a team which is considered a very strong team when it comes to ODI has been beaten by Canada by 3 wickets. Canada has also won matches against Netherlands.
- In a warm up match of 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup against England cricket team, Canada played with determination but lost the match in the end by 16 runs.
- Canada played its first world cup in 1979 but failed to qualify for preceding world cups till 2003.
Sri Lankan cricket team scored a gigantic total of 332 runs against Zimbabwe in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup and won the match by 210 runs. Sri Lanka will play its second match in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup against Pakistan cricket team on February 26, 2011.
Canadian Cricket team had some good players in 2o11. These players were mostly of Pakistani or Indian descent who performed well in this world cup. Overall, the performance of Canadian cricket team was not very impressive. On the other hand, Srilanka played very wel in 2011 world cup. Other than a 10 runs loss to Pakistan, they were unbeaten till the final. Srilanka faced Indian cricket team in the final of 2011 world cup. India came out winner in the world cup 2011 final. Although the world cup was won by India, Srilankan team’s performance was still considered very good.