Famous cricket player of India: Virender Sehwag
- Famous by the name of ‘Viru’, Virendar Sehwag of Indian cricket team commenced his international career in 1999 against Pakistan cricket team
- Sehwag has played 251 one day internationals up till now and has scored a handsome 8273 runs with the help of 15 centuries and 38 fifties. His highest total in an innings being 219.
- Pretty impressive with the ball, he took 96 wickets of his 4392 balls with 4/6 being his best in an innings.
- Virendar Sehwag has played in 2 ICC world cups and is there in place for the 3rd upcoming one. His quick batting makes him eligible to be among the opening pair of the Indian team. His performance in the 2003 cricket world cup had been very consistent as he played numerous match winning knocks which eventually led the team to the finals.
- Twice, Sehwag has taken the man of the series award and twenty times has he been the man of the match.
- His batting was impressive enough for the selectors to replace him with Sourav Ganguly and now is there at his spot since ages along with S.R Tendulkar.
- In any match if Sehwag scores a fifty or a hundred, India is certain to win, provided the rest of the batting order has performed above average, which is why he is also termed as the match winner.
Highlights of player records:
- Sehwag set the record for being the only Indian to score a triple century in test cricket. He is also the only player to score fastest triple century in test cricket.
- Sehwag has a record for being one of the four batsmen to surpass 300 test wickets and only player to score two triple centuries and one five wickets haul.
Records are meant to be broken and Virendar Sehwag did in great fashion by hitting the highest ODI score of 219 runs against West Indies at Indore, India. Virendar Sehwag broke the Highest ODI runs record of Sachin Tendulker who registered 200 runs against South Africa on February 24, 2011. Only two men did it in the history of ODI cricket and both are from India. Sehwag has considered his win as the biggest thing in life as he broke the record of his role model Sahcin Tendulker.
Virender Sehwag has a well built career with an inexorable pursuit, and a wunderkind, for hitting the boundaries all over. His specialty lies in his foot work, although it minimal but the intent to strike the ball is optimum. Not only ODIs, he has been the fastest runs scorer in the history for test cricket. As an opener, always a danger man for all kind of bowling attacks.