Famous cricket player of India: Yuvraj Singh
Player record of Yuvraj Singh
- Yuvraj Singh joined the Indian cricket team squad in the year 2000 and made his first test debut in 2003 against the New Zealand side.
- He started off with domestic cricket and later joined the international team. Yuvraj Singh played in the 2003 ICC world cup which was his debut world cup and he performed quite impressively by scoring a couple of centuries against Australia, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe cricket teams
- Yuvraj Singh has played 293 One Day International up till now and has made 8329 runs consisting of 13 centuries and 51 fifties. His top score is 139 of 119 balls against the Aussies.
- He has been able to score a fifty in almost every match, which is pretty evident from his batting average (37.50).
- Yuvraj Singh possesses some bowling skill too which has given him 111 wickets with 5/31runs being his bestest figures ever.
- He is famous for his partnership with Mohammad Kaif against the West Indian cricket team which eventually led them to victory in the round robin league.
Highlights of Player record:
- Yuvraj Singh also is the fastest batsman to score a fifty of just 12 balls by hitting 6 sixes in an over against England and is the leading batsman in context of strike rate.
- Yuvraj holds the record to become the first all rounder to score 300 plus runs along with taking 15 wickets in a single cricket world cup tournament.
- Yuvraj singh is more of an asset to the Indian cricket side and he has played several match winning knocks for India.
Although batting on a sticky wicket off the field for quite sometime, Yuvraj Singh, the Indian glitzy all rounder is now convalescing from a lung tumor surgery. Yuvraj Singh, at 29 years of age faced the traumatic situation when he was at the IPL since then he was not able to come out from the troubled waters, one injury after the other and then ultimately it was disclosed that he is facing a non malignant lung tumor.
He is currently not playing against Australia in the home series and will not be in action in the ODI series against the West Indies. After a successful operation he is feeling better now as he believes God has given him a new life. He is all geared up with a new spirit to dazzle the cricket ground in 2012. Yuvraj Singh is one player who has always been emotional in every match and takes it as a challenge. He is never seen worn out on the field and always on his toes. Not only the Indian fans but whoever watches cricket around the globe likes his game whether he is with the bat or bowl.
Yuvraj has made it back to the top again. We are glad to have him back in the cricketing world again.None found.