Five Wickets Taken by Fast Bowler/ Medium Pacer and Spinners in ICC World T20
Five Wickets Taken by Fast Bowler/ Medium Pacer in ICC World T20
With an exception of Umar Gul of Pakistan who took 5 wickets against New Zealand at the Oval in 2009 ICC World T20, none of the bowlers from any nation has taken 5 wickets in ICC World T20 to date. Following are the bowling figures of fast bowlers/ medium pacers who to 4 or more wickets during 2007-2010 ICC World T20.
- Umar Gul took 5 wickets in 3 overs
- MR Gillespie took four wickets in 2.5 overs.
- RP Singh took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- WD Parnell took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- M Morkel took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- Mohammad Asif took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- DP Nannes took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- CK Langeveld took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- SR Clark took 4 wickets in 4 overs
- AR Cusack took 4 wickets in 3 overs
ICC World T20: 5 Wickets in a Match by a Spinner
It’s interesting to watch that none of the spinners in history T20 World Cup has taken 5 wickets in a match however, we see quite a number of spinners whether leg break or off break who have duped four batsmen in an inning by their excellent bowling spell. In order to sort out the best bowling figures by a spinner, economy rate of the bowler is considered as a benchmark. On the basis of economy rate, Pakistan’s Shahid Afridi comes on the top position with superb bowing figures. Shahid Afridi who is a leg break googly bowler has taken 4 wickets for 11 runs at an economy rate 2.75 playing against Netherlands at Lords during 2009 ICC World T20 match.
Following is a list of spinners who took 4 wickets during 2007-2010 ICC World T20. The spinners are sorted out on their respective economy rate.
- Shahid Afridi (Pak)
- Shahid Afridi(Pak)
- Saeed Ajmal (Pak)
- Daniel Vettori (NZ)
Pakistani bowlers have dominated the T20 cricket bowling records so far by showing some brilliant performances.