South Africa cricket team squad for 2015 Cricket World Cup
South Africa, the second most favorite team for 2015 Cricket World Cup is going to be represented by AB De Villiers. The team has announced the squad for this event. South African cricket team has eight players that have already played world cup including Amla, de Villiers, Duminy, Plessis, Parnell, Steyn, Morkel and Imran Tahir. The new players to experience 2015 world cup include Vernon Philander, Quinton de Kock and Farhaan Behardien. South Africa can easily be declared one of the best cricket teams currently as they have excellent bowling attack and some very experienced batsmen too. Let’s have a look at the squad of South African cricket team.
South Africa squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- AB de Villiers (captain): What a batsman Villiers is. His above fifty averages in ODIs is a remarkable achievement since he not only bats for his team but also represents them as a captain. With 42 fifties and 18 hundreds in 175 ODI matches, de Villiers nothing less than a master class for South African cricket team and an inspiration for his team.
- Hashim Amla (Vice captain): Amla in his top order batsman position has entertained the cricket fans with his absolutely delightful innings. With an average of 53.18 in 103 ODI matches including 25 fifties and 17 hundreds, Hashim Amla literally is a run machine for South African cricket team.
- Farhaan Behardien: is a relatively new addition to the team but has made a significant position as middle order batsman with his quick singles and very busy play.
- Kyle Abbott: is also a new addition to the team. He is a right arm fast medium bowler with a good control and pace and could come handy to control the score at 2015 ICC World Cup.
- Quinton de Kock: This young lad has proven himself to be one of the most brilliant batsmen ever at an age of 22 years. With 6 hundreds and 4 fifties in 35 ODI matches, de Kock has proven how he deserves a central position in the South African squad.
- Imran Tahir: Tahir despite being the most expensive bowler at times in test career has been phenomenal at so many occasions with his legbreak googly style. He has taken 47 wickets in 27 matches in ODI career at an economy rate of 4.33.
- Faf du Plessis: This gorgeous South African man has all the batting talent that is needed to crush the opponent teams at crucial times. With 11 fifties and 3 hundreds in 62 ODI matches, Plessis plays some outrageously gorgeous shots to shake the confidence of his opponents.
- Morne Morkel: Morkel along with Steyn is the main attacking bowler. In ODI, he has taken 148 wickets in 87 ODIs at an economy rate of 4.94. His right arm fast bowling style is dangerous for even a settled and experienced batsman.
- David Miller: He is a middle order batsman who is relatively new on South African side but has displayed good prospective.
- Wayne Parnell: He is a left arm medium fast bowler who has been able to deliver quite many wins for South African team with his excellent bowling performances.
- Vernon Philander: He could be very threatening with his yorkers. He is a right arm fast medium South African bowler all set to play his first world cup.
- Aaron Phangsio: He is a slow left arm orthodox bowler and still to make his mark.
- Dale Steyn: Who doesn’t know Steyn? Rather knowing that Steyn is part of South African cricket team for 2015 Cricket World Cup is more than enough to scare the hell out of batsmen. This attacking bowler has his chosen bunnies that fall prey to him at all occasions. Good Luck Hafeez in that case 😉
- Rilee Rossouw: He is a batsman and is a new inclusion in South African cricket team.