2015 ICC Cricket World Cup’s brouhaha is all over the place. From critical analysis of players chosen for squad to choosing favorite players and teams, cricket fans cannot wait for the event to get started. From all the seriousness of cricket including strategies and captaincy, one does like to take a break and try to know more about players in their personal capacities. When it comes to personal charisma of a player, some of the hottest cricket player is part of the cricket team squads for 2015 Cricket World Cup. There is a unique blend of glamor and sophistication that is part of the player’s personality. Before go along and share our list of top ten hottest cricket players in world cup 2015, we would like to say that no hard feelings for players who don’t make it into this list. We still love you.
Here comes the most unpredictable cricket team of Pakistan. Pakistani team squad has been announced for 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup to be held in New Zealand and Australia. The squad seems pretty balanced with two opening batsmen, four middle order batsmen, one spinner, five pace bowlers, wicketkeeper/batsman and two all-rounders. Tragic that Pakistan cricket team wouldn’t have Saeed Ajmal to do his magical spin bowling as his action is under scrutiny. (Update: Saeed Ajmal’s bowling action has been declared legal by the ICC. Will he be a part of Pakistan cricket squad in 2015 world cup or not is still to be seen). Same is the case with Mohammad Hafeez who has been chosen for the squad but only in batsman’s capacity but wouldn’t be bowling because of his problematic bowling action. Thankfully, Junaid Khan and Ehsan Adil have recovered from their injuries and all set to take on the opponent teams in 2015 Cricket World Cup. Pakistani fans will be delighted by Shahid Afridi’s performance for one last time in this world cup as Boom Boom Afridi is going to retire after the world cup 2015 tournament. Let’s have a look at Pakistan’s cricket team squad for world cup.
Pakistan Squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- Misbah-ul-Haq (captain): From Captain Tuk Tuk to best captain in the history of Pakistan cricket, Misbah-ul-Haq is all set to lead his team in Cricket World Cup 2015. Averaging at 42.83 in 153 ODIs, Misbah has scored over four thousand runs with still no century and 37 fifties. What could possibly be done in this world cup by Misbah to leave a long lasting mark in the Pakistani cricket history? Misbah should definitely score his maiden ODI century in this tournament. Of course, he should as a captain also win this tournament for Pakistan cricket team to be the best captain who ever happened to Pakistan cricket.
- Ahmed Shehzad: An opening batsman Shehzad is all set to show his master blaster batting skills in 2015 cricket world cup. This young lad has to offer everything Pakistan cricket batting line up needs. He can build innings along with hitting huge sixes. A well trained player he is, Ahmed Shahzad is going to be an eye candy for women and a possible winner for Pakistan cricket team.
- Younis Khan: A true cricket legend of Pakistan, Younis Khan is the most reliable batsman on this side as he has delivered in the toughest times of even his personal life. With over seven thousand runs including 48 fifties, Younis Khan is going to be an innings builder for Pakistan cricket team as a middle order batsman.
- Mohammad Hafeez: With 22 fifties and 9 centuries in his pocket in 153 ODI matches, Hafeez could be an asset for Pakistan given he can control his nerves which are shaken under critical circumstances. A match against India in this tournament is going to be a final battle for Pakistan, a match even bigger than winning a final trophy.
- Haris Sohail: Haris is a new addition to Pakistan’s side who is still to show his skills in a world cup. With left hand batting style, Haris is a middle order batsman.
- Sarfraz Ahmed: After a lot of search, Pakistan finally has a wicket keeper who is not only good at his job of wicketkeeper but also a very good batsman. He has evolved as a great sensible batsman over the past few series, making his position even more important within the team.
- Umar Akmal: With much criticism and support at the same time, Umar Akmal has been made part of Pakistan cricket team because of his occasional bombastic performances a s middle order batsman. Umar is a very experienced batsman who can turn the game around with his fabulous shots. Let’s see how he performs in this world cup.
- Sohaib Maqsood: Pakistan cricket team expects a little too much from Maqsood because he shares his city with legendary Inzamam-ul-Haq and is only the fifth batsman of Pakistan to score fifties in his first two ODI innings.
- Shahid Afridi: Probably his last ODI series performance, Boom Boom Afridi is going to leave cricket world vacant with his retirement. All eyes are on him because Pakistan expects him to perform over the top to leave a Boom Boom mark.
- Mohammad Irfan: Tallest man in the cricketing world, Irfan is a real threat for opponents because of his bowling and bouncers. His ability to control runs and take wickets is going to give Pakistan a major advantage.
- Junaid Khan: Usually known as Juni, Junaid is one of the most stylish bowlers for Pakistan to lead the team in the ICC World Cup 2015. His style, persona and good looks clearly make him the highlight of this world cup.
- Ehsan Adil: Adil is a new addition to team. We are yet to witness what he can deliver as a right arm fast bowler.
- Sohail Khan: Sohail is being given a chance despite his average experience. However shouldn’t be undermined as being part of the world cup platform can motivate any player.
- Wahab Riaz: Wahab has surprisingly shifted his athletic skills to batting as well in the recent past. With his considerably good bowling, Wahab can perform both as a bowler and batsman.
Seems like a balanced team for 2015 Cricket World cup? Let’s see how this unpredictable Pakistani cricket team performs.
South Africa, the second most favorite team for 2015 Cricket World Cup is going to be represented by AB De Villiers. The team has announced the squad for this event. South African cricket team has eight players that have already played world cup including Amla, de Villiers, Duminy, Plessis, Parnell, Steyn, Morkel and Imran Tahir. The new players to experience 2015 world cup include Vernon Philander, Quinton de Kock and Farhaan Behardien. South Africa can easily be declared one of the best cricket teams currently as they have excellent bowling attack and some very experienced batsmen too. Let’s have a look at the squad of South African cricket team.
South Africa squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- AB de Villiers (captain): What a batsman Villiers is. His above fifty averages in ODIs is a remarkable achievement since he not only bats for his team but also represents them as a captain. With 42 fifties and 18 hundreds in 175 ODI matches, de Villiers nothing less than a master class for South African cricket team and an inspiration for his team.
- Hashim Amla (Vice captain): Amla in his top order batsman position has entertained the cricket fans with his absolutely delightful innings. With an average of 53.18 in 103 ODI matches including 25 fifties and 17 hundreds, Hashim Amla literally is a run machine for South African cricket team.
- Farhaan Behardien: is a relatively new addition to the team but has made a significant position as middle order batsman with his quick singles and very busy play.
- Kyle Abbott: is also a new addition to the team. He is a right arm fast medium bowler with a good control and pace and could come handy to control the score at 2015 ICC World Cup.
- Quinton de Kock: This young lad has proven himself to be one of the most brilliant batsmen ever at an age of 22 years. With 6 hundreds and 4 fifties in 35 ODI matches, de Kock has proven how he deserves a central position in the South African squad.
- Imran Tahir: Tahir despite being the most expensive bowler at times in test career has been phenomenal at so many occasions with his legbreak googly style. He has taken 47 wickets in 27 matches in ODI career at an economy rate of 4.33.
- Faf du Plessis: This gorgeous South African man has all the batting talent that is needed to crush the opponent teams at crucial times. With 11 fifties and 3 hundreds in 62 ODI matches, Plessis plays some outrageously gorgeous shots to shake the confidence of his opponents.
- Morne Morkel: Morkel along with Steyn is the main attacking bowler. In ODI, he has taken 148 wickets in 87 ODIs at an economy rate of 4.94. His right arm fast bowling style is dangerous for even a settled and experienced batsman.
- David Miller: He is a middle order batsman who is relatively new on South African side but has displayed good prospective.
- Wayne Parnell: He is a left arm medium fast bowler who has been able to deliver quite many wins for South African team with his excellent bowling performances.
- Vernon Philander: He could be very threatening with his yorkers. He is a right arm fast medium South African bowler all set to play his first world cup.
- Aaron Phangsio: He is a slow left arm orthodox bowler and still to make his mark.
- Dale Steyn: Who doesn’t know Steyn? Rather knowing that Steyn is part of South African cricket team for 2015 Cricket World Cup is more than enough to scare the hell out of batsmen. This attacking bowler has his chosen bunnies that fall prey to him at all occasions. Good Luck Hafeez in that case 😉
- Rilee Rossouw: He is a batsman and is a new inclusion in South African cricket team.
Winner for four cricket world cup trophies, Australian cricket team announced its 15 player squad for 2015 ICC World Cup. Michael Clarke is the captain of Australian cricket team despite injury concerns at the moment. However George Bailey could easily replace Clarke in case he does fall victim to his injuries.
Australian cricket team has performed exceptionally well in year 2014 however the team was hit by a great tragedy in form of Phil Hughes sudden death. With a squad packed with attacking fast bowler such as Mitchell Johnson, Australian cricket team is looking forward to fifth record ICC Cricket World Cup win in 2015 after claiming this title in 1987, 1999, 2003 and 2007.
Australia’s cricket team squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- Michael Clarke: is going to represent Australian cricket team in 2015 Cricket World Cup. He is a right handed middle order batsman. Clarke has scored 7000 plus runs in ODI before 2015 World Cup at an average of 44.86.
- George Baily: is the vice-captain of Australian team. With an average of 44.20, Bailly is a top order batsman with excellent hard hitting batting skills. He has scored over thousand runs in ODI format.
- James Faulkner: is an all-rounder with convincing batting and bowling skills. He is a left arm fast medium bowler with right hand bat style. His best bowling figure before 2015 Cricket World Cup has been 4/48.
- Pat Cummins: is an Australian right arm fast bowler an d relatively a new player in the ODI format.
- Xavier Doherty: is a slow left arm orthodox Australian bowler.
- Brad Haddin: is a wicketkeeper and batsman for Australian cricket team. He is excellent with bat where he has scored over 2000 runs with more than ten fifties in his ODI career.
- Aaron Finch: is a top order batsman who has already score a hundred and five fifties for Australia.
- Josh Hazlewood: is an Australian bowler who has taken ten wickets in six ODI matches. One of his best performances is 5/33.
- Mitchell Marsh: is a right hand bat and plays at top order batsman for Australian cricket team. He is relatively new in the team with excellent batting skills.
- Mitchell Johnson: And Johnson is the guy you all need to watch out. Australia’s leading left arm fast bowler, Johnson has been destroying teams throughout 2014 and is going to be a major threat for teams in 2015 Cricket World Cup. With 6/31 best bowling figure in ODI, Johnson is going to be one of the match winners for Australia.
- Steve Smith: is an all-rounder for Australian cricket team. In just 45 matches, he was able to score two centuries and 3 fifties with striking bowling performance of taking 3 wickets by giving 16 runs.
- Glenn Maxwell: is a right hand batsman who has scored 891 runs in 36 matches including 8 fifties. He can be of immense benefit with his hard hitting skills in critical times.
- Mitchell Starc: is a left arm fast bowler of Australian cricket team. So far, in 28 matches, Starc took 49 wickets with his best performance of 5/20. Starc has the capability to scare the opponent batsmen with his bowling style.
- Shane Watson: is a tremendously talented all-rounder of Australia with some excellent bowling and batting performances. He has so far scored 9 centuries and 31 fifties in 178 matches with a striking bowling performance of four wickets for 36 runs in ODI.
- David Warner: is the opening batsman of Australian cricket team who has been very lucrative for the team in various matches with his ability to hit hard.
With a talent packed team, Australian cricket team is all set to challenge its opponents.