Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province has given Pakistan some outstanding cricketers; leg spinner Yasir Shah is one of them. Currently he is the leading spinner in the world of cricket. Pakistan has produced world class spinners right from Intikhab Alam to Saqlain Mushtaq, Abdul Qadir, Mushtaq Ahmed, Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Aridi, Iqbal Qasim, Danish Kaneria and most recently Yasir Shah. Read more..
After their dismal performance at the World Cup earlier this year, Pakistani ODI team went through a complete overhauling and in the process got a new captain Azhar Ali. Azhar Ali’s appointment as a captain came as a surprise to many as Azhar was not a part of the World Cup squad; in fact he was not on the Pakistan international cricket scene for the last two years. His appointment was largely criticized and considered as one of PCB’s big blunder; however Azhar Ali silenced all his critics with his powerful performance and intelligent captaincy. Read more..
Here comes the most unpredictable cricket team of Pakistan. Pakistani team squad has been announced for 2015 ICC Cricket World Cup to be held in New Zealand and Australia. The squad seems pretty balanced with two opening batsmen, four middle order batsmen, one spinner, five pace bowlers, wicketkeeper/batsman and two all-rounders. Tragic that Pakistan cricket team wouldn’t have Saeed Ajmal to do his magical spin bowling as his action is under scrutiny. (Update: Saeed Ajmal’s bowling action has been declared legal by the ICC. Will he be a part of Pakistan cricket squad in 2015 world cup or not is still to be seen). Same is the case with Mohammad Hafeez who has been chosen for the squad but only in batsman’s capacity but wouldn’t be bowling because of his problematic bowling action. Thankfully, Junaid Khan and Ehsan Adil have recovered from their injuries and all set to take on the opponent teams in 2015 Cricket World Cup. Pakistani fans will be delighted by Shahid Afridi’s performance for one last time in this world cup as Boom Boom Afridi is going to retire after the world cup 2015 tournament. Let’s have a look at Pakistan’s cricket team squad for world cup.
Pakistan Squad for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015
- Misbah-ul-Haq (captain): From Captain Tuk Tuk to best captain in the history of Pakistan cricket, Misbah-ul-Haq is all set to lead his team in Cricket World Cup 2015. Averaging at 42.83 in 153 ODIs, Misbah has scored over four thousand runs with still no century and 37 fifties. What could possibly be done in this world cup by Misbah to leave a long lasting mark in the Pakistani cricket history? Misbah should definitely score his maiden ODI century in this tournament. Of course, he should as a captain also win this tournament for Pakistan cricket team to be the best captain who ever happened to Pakistan cricket.
- Ahmed Shehzad: An opening batsman Shehzad is all set to show his master blaster batting skills in 2015 cricket world cup. This young lad has to offer everything Pakistan cricket batting line up needs. He can build innings along with hitting huge sixes. A well trained player he is, Ahmed Shahzad is going to be an eye candy for women and a possible winner for Pakistan cricket team.
- Younis Khan: A true cricket legend of Pakistan, Younis Khan is the most reliable batsman on this side as he has delivered in the toughest times of even his personal life. With over seven thousand runs including 48 fifties, Younis Khan is going to be an innings builder for Pakistan cricket team as a middle order batsman.
- Mohammad Hafeez: With 22 fifties and 9 centuries in his pocket in 153 ODI matches, Hafeez could be an asset for Pakistan given he can control his nerves which are shaken under critical circumstances. A match against India in this tournament is going to be a final battle for Pakistan, a match even bigger than winning a final trophy.
- Haris Sohail: Haris is a new addition to Pakistan’s side who is still to show his skills in a world cup. With left hand batting style, Haris is a middle order batsman.
- Sarfraz Ahmed: After a lot of search, Pakistan finally has a wicket keeper who is not only good at his job of wicketkeeper but also a very good batsman. He has evolved as a great sensible batsman over the past few series, making his position even more important within the team.
- Umar Akmal: With much criticism and support at the same time, Umar Akmal has been made part of Pakistan cricket team because of his occasional bombastic performances a s middle order batsman. Umar is a very experienced batsman who can turn the game around with his fabulous shots. Let’s see how he performs in this world cup.
- Sohaib Maqsood: Pakistan cricket team expects a little too much from Maqsood because he shares his city with legendary Inzamam-ul-Haq and is only the fifth batsman of Pakistan to score fifties in his first two ODI innings.
- Shahid Afridi: Probably his last ODI series performance, Boom Boom Afridi is going to leave cricket world vacant with his retirement. All eyes are on him because Pakistan expects him to perform over the top to leave a Boom Boom mark.
- Mohammad Irfan: Tallest man in the cricketing world, Irfan is a real threat for opponents because of his bowling and bouncers. His ability to control runs and take wickets is going to give Pakistan a major advantage.
- Junaid Khan: Usually known as Juni, Junaid is one of the most stylish bowlers for Pakistan to lead the team in the ICC World Cup 2015. His style, persona and good looks clearly make him the highlight of this world cup.
- Ehsan Adil: Adil is a new addition to team. We are yet to witness what he can deliver as a right arm fast bowler.
- Sohail Khan: Sohail is being given a chance despite his average experience. However shouldn’t be undermined as being part of the world cup platform can motivate any player.
- Wahab Riaz: Wahab has surprisingly shifted his athletic skills to batting as well in the recent past. With his considerably good bowling, Wahab can perform both as a bowler and batsman.
Seems like a balanced team for 2015 Cricket World cup? Let’s see how this unpredictable Pakistani cricket team performs.
Misbah-ul-Haq v Imran Khan?
Who would have thought that such a comparison would exist especially in test cricket with Pakistan’s predictably unpredictable batting line? We would like to take an honor in comparing Imran Khan and Misbah, the two successful test captains of Pakistan. Misbah-ul-Haq became the most successful test captain of Pakistan cricket history by breaking the record of Imran Khan and Javed Miandad in a series against New Zealand, 2014. By winning the 15th test match as a captain, Misbah-ul-Haq has become the most successful test captain of Pakistan after holding the joint record of 14 wins with Javed Miandad and Imran Khan, both of whom captained Pakistan in more test matches than Misbah. Misbah’s unending stream of win starting off from 2011 has made him reach a spot where it is only fair to compare Misbah and Imran in terms of their captaincy brilliance. Read more..