World cup records: Kenya vs New Zealand cricket team
- The teams have played two ODIs in World cup against each other. One was won by Kenya and other by New Zealand.
- The two teams have only met in world cup matches.
- In 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup, Kenya won a match against New Zealand by walkover as New Zealand refused to play the group-match in Nairobi, Kenya citing security reasons.
- The teams again met in 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup Group-C match which was comfortably won by New Zealand cricket team by 148 runs.
- Kiwi batsman Ross Taylor played a beautiful innings of 85 runs as New Zealand cricket team piled up a score of 331 runs. From the Kenyan side, Ravi Shah played an innings of 71 runs until he was caught and bowled by New Zealand bowler Daniel Vettori.
- Though the play was affected by rain but mandatory 50 overs were completed.
- Kenyan players participated in the World Cups of 1975, 1979 and 1983 under the name of East Africa. Kenya has featured in world cups of 1996, 1999, 2003 and 2007 but did not play against New Zealand in the world cups of 1996 and 1999
In 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup, New Zealand cricket team and Kenya faced each other for the third time. The second match of 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup between New Zealand and Kenya was played on February 20, 2011 in Chennai. In this match, New Zealand thrashed Kenya by bowling them out on the score of 69 in 23.5 overs. New Zealand achieved the target in 8 overs.
New Zealand will play its second match in 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup on February 25, 2011 against Australian cricket team.
In 2011 world cup cricket tournament, Kenya cricket team was not up to the mark. Neither in their match against New Zealand nor in any other match they showed their true ability. Despite the fact that the two best players from Kenya were still in the team, the team fell short of the target in almost all matches it played in the world cup 2011.